Documentation for deferred action applications

Documentation for Deferred Action Applications

Documentation of presence in this country for the correct time period for a deferred action application must be complete and consistent.  The records must cover at least five years prior to June 15, 2012.  You must demonstrate nearly continuous physical residence in the United State, with proof that may include, but is not limited to, financial records, medical records, school records, employment records, hospital or immunization records, and military records.

The USCIS has now indicated clearly they will not pursue, or investigate, employers and their employees if the situation involved anyone with a deferred action application.  Your pay stubs, tax forms, and proof of employment for this time period to June, 2007 are relevant and consistent proof of presence in the U.S., since typically they will show you worked most days of every week.  The longer article on this clarification is on this link:

Documents used to prove these issues may include immigration court records, applications for immigration benefits, correspondence with immigration agencies, I-94 cards, driver’s licenses, birth certificates of children born in the United States, marriage certificates, hospital records, insurance claim forms, school records, utility bills, tax returns, rental receipts, other dated receipts, bank statements, church membership enrollment records or certificates of baptism, marriage, or other religious ceremony,  CSAP scoring and records, certificates of attendance in school, personal checks bearing a dated bank cancellation stamp, employment records, and credit card statements, among other documents.

Please contact any school you attended during your time in the U.S.  Many schools are struggling to keep up with a growing demand for attendance and grade records going back for these years (6/2007 to 6/2012).  Please request both your grade reports, and your attendance records if available.

Each document in a foreign language must be translated before submission, with the interpreter certifying to the accuracy of the translation.  Interpreters are available to translate these documents through the law firm.

It may also be possible, if such records are not available, to  submit affidavits attesting to an individual’s presence.  An affidavit is a letter or written statement by any individual swearing that you were present in the U.S. during the time period, and signed before a notary public as a sworn document.  You may provide letters from employers and attestations from churches, unions and other organizations to show continuous residence.

The fees for this application include two payments to USCIS, for the work authorization documents; $380 to USCIS in one money order, and a second money order of $85 again to USCIS.  This firm will charge a minimal fee to generate each application, in addition to these fees.

After reading through this post, please consider discussing your status with an immigration attorney; this firm can be contacted at the address and number above, and immigration issues are complicated – please call (303) 571-5023 to schedule an appointment to at least discuss the issues.